another problem / question

Guest davidh

I gotta be a rank amature here, but you'se have been very helpful so I need to ask for help again. the dam hudson headliner I questioned about last week, I have found that it is not offered so I am going to modify the one they sent me as its too long anyway so there's room to cut and re-stich it.

I have a real good start in that I have carefully ripped one of the seams and cut and clipped it all back ready to sew. yikes I need to sew a straight seam for the full width, about 5 feet. I have an adler, older but great machine however, last year someone dumped a brandy water with a snitch too much sugar into the bobbin. , . . . oh %&$#.

well, it sat for a year before I was able to clean it up and try to get it going again.

to make a longer story shorter, it does sew again, quite well except, the bottom thread is not being pulled up into the material quite far enuf.

my theory is: the upper tension is not tite enuf to actually pull the bottom thread up. . . my wifes theory is the bobbin is not tight enuf. . .but the bottom adjustment is just a teeney weeney little screw on a equally teeney flat spring, , , so which of us is correct ?

1- tighten the upper ?

2- loosen the lower ?

3- something else ? ? ? ?

thanks much and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Archived