2012 S63 AMG!

NvrLate

Sorry, I can't post pics from my phone app but ill get on the pc at some point and add them. Here's the scoop on this $150k ride. Laminated glass the whole way around, it all looked like it was about a 50% vlt and reflective blue. We put 5 over that.

Fronts: kinda like a C300/C350 but no need to pull sweeps, BUT the front edge by the mirror was dammit tight.

Rears: very easy. Quarters were partially covered by the automatic sunshade track but do have a border and not too bad at all. There's a left and right power window switch in each of the rear doors, so don't hit the wrong one while doing the 2nd rear window, ha!

Back window: grids between the glass except for antenna or something at the top. Hit the button in the center console to drop the rear headrests but the rear glass was tricky. there is a hard rubber seal at the bottom the whole way across, maybe a 1/4" or less below the border. Has a drop down brake light like the C300/350 but had absolutely no room below the border at the light. I cut my film ON the border and it still hit the seal below the light. Most will cut around the light to make it easy but I refuse to shortcut unless the customer wants it. We managed to get the film back on the table, cut another 1/4" off the brake light area, rinsed the piss out of it, and back into the car and a very clean install. Due to the darkness and blue reflectivity of the factory glass it hid any remaining specs, but trust me, check these high-end bottom borders and cut it exact the first time! I've never had any "normal" Benz windows that had this issue.

Archived