Fingers on F250 rollups

Kelley97

Here lately I have been having issues with side fingers on my F250 rollups. When they pop up, of course they pull any dirt out of the seal into the film. Any suggestions? I clean the seal with my conqueror. Only have this issue on this vehicle.

If its an older F250 with felt (or any vehicle with felt), I always do a once over with the heat gun on the felt and then duct tape the felt before installing. This helps with contamination. Also, after installing the window, make sure to bump the sides real good with a conqueror (or similar hard card) wrapped in a paper towell. This should seal it down pretty good.

shouldnt be gettin fingers like that unless youre squeegeeing the wrong directions

x2

If anything, the ONLY finger you should ever get on ford doors is right at the curve in the bottom gasket. I do a quick snap shrink and that resolves any post install fingers.

Are you shifting the film to a better position after you have the top half anchored down?This can cause the sideways fingers. If so, you just gotta make sure you have it in the right position from the beginning.

shouldnt be gettin fingers like that unless youre squeegeeing the wrong directions

x2

If anything, the ONLY finger you should ever get on ford doors is right at the curve in the bottom gasket. I do a quick snap shrink and that resolves any post install fingers.

just curious, whats a snap shrink?? New to the forums and uncertain about some of the lingo...

Lay your film on the outside to "pre-shrink". Some cars you will have no fingers pop up immediately. Release the bottom edge of the film and apply heat to it as you card it down. Sort of makes the bottom edge like elastic on your underwear preventing any unseen late bloomer fingers to pop up :P

Archived