Viper 5704v on a manual transmission

Guest mikklo

Might have to ground the neutral safety shut down wire from the alarm and/or the shut down wire. This is usually explained in the install manual to wire it to a toggle switch for repair/maintenance use. Basically a switch to disable the remote start function when you take it to a shop, working under the hood etc or you can just wire it to ground.

To the OP... I suggest you just take it to a shop and have them troubleshoot it and make reservation mode work correctly. That sequence is built into the alarm as a safety to prevent you from leaving the car in gear and injuring someone/something.... paying a couple hours shop rate is WAY cheaper than trying to explain to a parent why your car suddenly ran over their child.... :twocents

Guest mikklo

Neutral safety is already connected as well....Should I disconnect and just ground it? Since I bought my car Ive never had to use the clutch to start it so I am used to always leaving it in neutral. It is just easier that way.

i know you just want it in and working already but listen to some of these guys and do it right. ten years ago i would have jsut told you to bypass the clutch and be done with it but what happens the one time you let someone take your car and they use the remote start after leaving it parked in gear? the car drives itself into a tree, a house, a person? you dont want that to happen!

yes the neutral safety switch can just be grounded tho. sorry i didnt read everything in this thread just wanted to give my "professional" opinion.

and you already paid extra for that model viper system over a basic system to have the manual transmission mode so why not use it?

Guest mikklo

The good thing is that nobody that I know knows to drive manual transmission. But yes I just want it in already and like I said ever since I bought the car Ive never needed the clutch to start it with the key and I am used to just leaving it in neutral.

If it's all hooked up right, the problem is either in the programming or the piece itself.

Too many variables at this point to know how to help you.

Sorry. Take a 12 pack to a shop around quittin time and make friends.

The key to success here is to drink more than they can.

Archived