need some help

hey guys I need some help with a little issue I've been having with my back windows. I have no problems shrinking it, its just when I get it in the inside I get these bubbles around the defroster lines. some windows are worse than others but its a real pain to get them out and im a very torch happy person so I tend to heat er up a little to much and have to go for round 2 lol. I've tried a few different heat shrinking methods and none have really helped this problem go away. any help would be awesome. I hope the link to a picture helps couldn't quite figure out the upload didly. http://s1332.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

Guest nellc_tint

I've known these to be called "puckers". I get them sometimes too. I've noticed I get them more when I get in a hurry shrinking and don't FULLY shrink the film. I have a much better turn out when I make sure to shrink the entire lower and upper portion of the film rather than hurry and just go after the fingers. I also used to just use a glove and push the fingers out while heating and recently started using and paper towel covered hard card and pushing the film flat. That's helped as well. The sun generally drys them out and if any of the larger ones get stubborn, prick it with the tip of your blade and push the air out. Good luck

Do you use 0000 steel wool to clean back windows? That can help but the major reason for puckers or peanuts is the shrink. If the film looks wavy it will fight the adhesive all day until the install is completely dry which is not for a few days at least.

Check out the "Ryker method" in my signature...figure that out and the peanuts will be gone.

no I don't use steel wool, I did once and I thought my boss was going to jump through the back window and kill me lol. I tint in a glass shop and my boss man pretty much told me that it will scratch the glass, but in my training I went for that's what we did there. as for a few other tricks that I cant do here which kind of sucks because the dot matrix is always inconsistent on how it turns out. But yeah, ill defiantly give the "ryker method" a shot with the next car that comes in, ive been kind of curious to try it for awhile now. ive watched that video a few times over the past few months.

Guest MTSDan

Clean window with white scrub pad than Use 0000 steel wool and go along with the defroster lines it will not scratch the glass than take a separate white scrub pad and clean window again with solution than run over entire window with magnet if you have any remnants of the steel wool clean again. I know this seems like a lot of cleaning but with certain vehicles with jacked up defroster lines it will ensure a clean install with no fingers if shrunk properly

Steel wool, 0000 or even 000, is a standard in the tint world. I have used it for 14 years now and not seen any issue....

Scrub it well with a good glass cleaner and scrub pad if you can't use steel wool....dirt and grime will hide on the lines and cause the peanuts because it will lessen the adhesive hold.

When you lift the film off of the glass after you shrink does it look real wavy?? If so you are shrinking too much and too slow....

I use steel wool on thick defrosters. Keeps those peanuts away. Need to try the Ryker Method on for size.

PoopcornPoppers buy some 0000 or 000 steal wool. Now have your boss watch you scrub the glass on your car. No scratches no problems.

Archived