2014 Mazda 6

Tinted one today the customer picked it up and said that  a light came on the dash on the way home, she stopped at the dealer and they said the key fob reader is in the trunk and it had gotten wet. Never had any trouble before anyone else had this problem or is it possible. i don't use that much slip solution on the back glass. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it just let me know Thanks

She said the dealer had seen 4 cases of this right after getting the windows tinted. They charged 85 dollars to dry it out and i gave them 40 of the labor back to them they were ok with that just wondering where the heck that thing is at. Said a new one is over a grand trying to keep from purchasing one of them

She said the dealer had seen 4 cases of this right after getting the windows tinted.

So there must be something too it. I'm wondering if that particular tinter soaks the craap out of the back window

She said the dealer had seen 4 cases of this right after getting the windows tinted.

So there must be something too it. I'm wondering if that particular tinter soaks the craap out of the back window

I am pretty sure the key encoder is on the parcel shelf beneath the rear deck. I have never seen anything in the wheel well or otherwise in the boot.

I pull the rear deck on the Mazda6 for easier access , (takes 5 mins..easy) and then cover the receiver with offcut tint and have never had a problem.

Those that leave the deck in AND use a lot of water may not be so fortunate.

Archived