Car starter problems

Guest Ess80

Hello everyone i recently installed a viper remote starter with a bypass in my infiniti g35 2003 sedan And got everything to work except the main part where the car starts i have tried a number of things the remote just beeps and the car doesnt start and then the car starter module clicks 7 times any ideas on how to fix this problem ?

its been years since I have monkeyed with one, but did you by all the modules for that particular car?  Maybe call up Viper tech support and see what they have to say.

If its clicking it seems to be working with in the brain itself, which would lead me to believe it may be an installation issue.

You to go into the menu settings and switch it to automatic or may have to learn the tech after cranking

ok i got it thanks it seems everything is okay i press the start button the remote beeps as in the car should start but nothing happens, any ideas what it could be?

You to go into the menu settings and switch it to automatic or may have to learn the tech after cranking

ok i got it thanks it seems everything is okay i press the start button the remote beeps as in the car should start but nothing happens, any ideas what it could be?
do you have all the power ups hooked correctly? Do you see the ignition lights come on at all when you remote start?

do you have all the power ups hooked correctly? Do you see the ignition lights come on at all when you remote start?

the ignition lights dont come on but the radio turns on for about 3 seconds then shuts off and then the starter module starts clicking trying to turn the car on but nothing happens. im almost positive all the connections are correct

Learn the tach and also check to be sure the disable wire is grounded. Most viper alarms have a toggle switch, some need a ground signal (when not in test mode). It may be labeled a neutral safety on some. This doesnt always have to be wired to the actual nuetral safety switch it just has to see a ground. Be sure to test if it will crank while the car is in gear (it shouldn't).

Guest TintWorldNc

I would agree it seems that when you remote start the car the dash light should come on. If they don't you need to check your ignition wires to make sure they are hooked up to the correct ones, and make sure you have all three of the large red wires connected to the main 12volts if one is missed it will not supply the ignition feed. Also did you hook up your second starter wire. Most nissans and infinitys have a second starter wire.

Archived