What do you use to hide the very small gap on wood frame windows ?

Never used a 5way or and kind of "guide" for that matter. Just the width of the blade like TD said.

35; I'm sceptical. Think it's just another industry method of covering the butts of crap tinters. Just like the old warranty card disclaimers "a few small dots or 'points' may remain, these are inherent to window film adhesive and do not affect the performance of the film in any way."....

Uhhhh, NO. You just got dirt under your film because you either

A: Didn't check your work before sending it out; or

B: Don't take enough pride in your workmanship.

Yeah that's what I think...... I mean, I don't doubt that expansion happens when the film heats up...... Do I think it'll cause it to peel? Well I haven't had a complaint yet...... A guy I contract for has been the main guy in the area for over 30 years..... Wish I could post a message he texted to me. Pretty much told me off for not leaving a gap..... Said it was a car tinters thing? And that a gap "upto" 5mm is essential..... ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never used a 5way or and kind of "guide" for that matter. Just the width of the blade like TD said.

35; I'm sceptical. Think it's just another industry method of covering the butts of crap tinters. Just like the old warranty card disclaimers "a few small dots or 'points' may remain, these are inherent to window film adhesive and do not affect the performance of the film in any way."....

Yeah that's what I think...... I mean, I don't doubt that expansion happens when the film heats up...... Do I think it'll cause it to peel? Well I haven't had a complaint yet...... A guy I contract for has been the main guy in the area for over 30 years..... Wish I could post a message he texted to me. Pretty much told me off for not leaving a gap..... Said it was a car tinters thing? And that a gap "upto" 5mm is essential..... ?

What a Twit... Tell him to get with the program. 30yr old techniques just don't fly anymore. That's like someone telling you he prefers all rear screens to be spliced...

[emoji36]

What a Twit... Tell him to get with the program. 30yr old techniques just don't fly anymore. That's like someone telling you he prefers all rear screens to be spliced...

[emoji36]

Lol, that's a good point.....

Unless you wanna move to Sydney and give me the odd job here or there until I'm self sufficient though ill just have to say I don't know how to leave gaps....

Like fox I just never got taught how to

Guest Pete

Like many, I was taught to use a hard card and one day I just wondered "Why?". Especially considering that customers frequently asked about the gap. Well, now it's been a few years and we both do it better than in the past, just evolved that way.

When windows are out-of-square or irregular in some other way I oversize my film as necessary and use my finger as a guide.

if you carnt see adhesive points then your not looking hard enough .

Archived