Llumar ATC vs ATR color

I've used ATC for years because I don't care for the shiny look of a typical metallized film. However, it appears the ATR is no more shiny than ATC (or minimally) and their specs of 9% reflection on both series suggest they are equal. And with the Metallized ATR, more heat rejection would be a benefit.

So here's my question, if anyone has played around with this. Factory matching, with front windows getting greener and greener, ATC20 usually is plenty close but I've noticed in the sample book that the ATR is slightly more gray.

Does anyone know if ATR looks any closer to the typical factory Ford, Chevy, Dodge or even Toyota and Honda's grayer back windows?

I received a sample of ATR15 and put it on the fronts of my ol' lady Highlander. It has ATC15 over the rear factory. The fronts look a tad more bronze now than green. Still curious how the ATR20 would look compared to factory. You say ATR would be more green, it's funny, my ATC sample book looks more green than the rolls they ship, and the ATR samples looked like the ATC colors but you could see the metal in it. Can't trust the swatch books so that's why I was asking for some personal experience.

As far as how green the ATC really is, 20% not at all till you put it on the solar green fronts. 15% maybe a little greenish.

Still gotta try out the global that someone mentioned on a different thread.

Archived