ford 3/4 ton front window

Guest Sandman_75460

Guest Sandman_75460

ok you guys I need to know something. I've been tinting for about 3 months. and am fixing to tint my first ford 3/4 ton. what I was wondering is how do I cut the tint for the bottom of the front windows? it drops 2 or 3 inches in the front and I'm not sure about it. is the glass straight at the bottom or is it the same shape as the door? if the glass is straight all the way at the bottom then I shouldn't have to make a cut right?

Guest thetintshop

you're from paris? I grew up about an hour from there.

these windows are easy. just make the film where it covers the whole window and use the bottom rubber as a guide.

Guest mdsuave13

just cut both the sides first making sure you will have 1/8" overlap on either side(when you cut, slide the film over a little bit so that it has no light gaps when you put the window in)

Then after you cut the sides, cut the bottom, then cut the top edge. These windows aren't bad at all, but the extra cut does make them take slightly longer. no gaskets at the bottom to worry about if you cut it right because the inside gasket is lower then the outside gasket.

You will learn to like doing these windows, because 9/10 times you will just be doing the two fronts which is a nice escape from being crammed in a backseat sweating with a back window. :dunno

Good luck my man!

Guest autotinter

just shape the bottom the same way it is on the outside, tons of room on the inside bottom edge, and front windows only, is a great money maker for me!!

Archived