Having problems with tinting rear glass.

Hi all,

Awesome forum! 

I have previously had some 'tint training' and proceeded to not do this as a full time profession but practice practice practice before i consider going into window tinting as a full time profession..now for my problem!

I have shrunk various rear windows successfully,no problem at all(this was during my training) no doubt iam relatively inexperienced,but iam growing very frustrated with the shrinking,

Using the soap method to shrinking,H anchor,fingers all vertical,they seem to not be shrinking very well and end up creasing,here is a link to what i ordered.....

http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/vehiclewrapping.asp

It's the very left film i ordered 'carbon film'

Iam wondering should i order the rayguard or suntek film? i was not told what film i was shrinking with in the training(a bit strange i thought)

bit of an odd one,iam also using my own cheap heatgun could it possibly be too hot or too cold?

I appreciate in advance any help from you guys,i have alot of respect for people who have mastered the art of tinting.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a real tint and try again :P I use EWF and it shrinks fairly well.

Thanks i will give it a try! im under no illusion shrinking is easy,to be honest,i do not think my training was all that informative regarding shrinking,never mind i will practice practice,is EWF available in the uk?

Get a real tint and try again :P I use EWF and it shrinks fairly well.

Thanks i will give it a try! im under no illusion shrinking is easy,to be honest,i do not think my training was all that informative regarding shrinking,never mind i will practice practice,is EWF available in the uk?

Ditto on what blackjack said. I use EWF too & shrinks nice. Did a Eclipse today with zero problems tinting. I use dryer sheets but soap works about the same. If you're creasing it could be not enough soap on the window & the film isn't sliding around enough.

Thank you for the replies! I rub soap with water on my hands and smear on the glass....i have noticed a damp MF cloth with soap rubbed on it,looks like a simpler way to go about it,i shall try this,i have obtained a 2004 renault clio rear window,i'm going to tint it a billion times lol!

Archived