vynil plotter?

Guest TINTFXold

DAMN, KYstang..........its been a lllllllllooooong time since we've heard from you...... you doing OK......... its nice to see some of the old names pop on :thumb

I'm still alive and kicking! Had some unfortunate issues with family during 2003 and didn't have time for much of anything besides work and family.

They have both moved on to a far greater place than we have to deal with, so I am back to my normal unusual self again!

Thanks!

KYStang

Guest S and S

I would do it....vinyl business is good and depending on the inventory ifs like 40 bucks for 15" by 10 yards.....so depending on the vinyl inventory and all that.

I am trying to decide what plotter and software I should purchase for window tint business, RES / COMM / AUTO. I also would want it to do graphics and signage. ANY ONE HAVE THE PRO"S AND CON"S OF THEIR EQUIPMENT? If you don't have a plotter or have not used one please do not respond, with all due respect. Thx Trim :thumb

Guest S and S

Do research on it!!! There are all kinds of vinyl sites and info out there on the www!!! Just type in vinyl plotters on search and read!

I am trying to decide what plotter and software I should purchase for window tint business, RES / COMM / AUTO. I also would want it to do graphics and signage. ANY ONE HAVE THE PRO"S AND CON"S OF THEIR EQUIPMENT? If you don't have a plotter or have not used one please do not respond, with all due respect. Thx Trim :dunno

I have a big-a$$ plotter. It's a 48" Graphtec CE-3000.

I cut with Adobe Illustrator.

there is a learning curve:

if you're not technical, you might pull your hair out at times. the plotter has a million settings, so therefore, there's a million things that can go wrong. it's not exactly plug and play, but no plotter is.

there are two benefits to having a huge plotter:

1) you can cut window tint

(note: there are good computer cut programs, and there are bad ones... choose wisely, grasshopper. a good computer cut program will SAVE TIME. It's like having an employee.)

2) you can cut enormous graphics that other sign guys can't, or they'd have to multi-piece, which is a lot more work: "mine's bigger" means a lot.

(I have a job right now lettering the face of an auto shop... the lettering is 36" tall and 42 feet long. I got the job because the other guy could only cut 24")

for our business, the tinting at this point pays more per job, but the vinyl makes up for it in quantity. oh, and most tint in PA is illegal, so it's harder to solicit business casually. :P

Archived