CQuartz, Opticoat etc, who is using this?

I've been contemplating on adding a hydrophobic sealant service over PPF. It's stated on XPEL website that it's safe so I need feedbacks.

Ease of use?

Best shine?

Longevity?

Is it worth my time?

Thanks

Why would you need one if a coating on PPF has a 10 year warranty? It's not extending the warranty or part of warranty.

Those sealers act is fillers, and fillers would not enhance or add much value.

You can sell your customer as a maintenance product...but I would caution you not to over sell a customer as we should be highlighting to customers how we are protecting there paint not enhancing there finish.

Some films allow for buffing and detailing while it seems to me most of the films have ceramic chemistry infused to take on the elements.

I use Opti-Coat. Its a great product. XPEL gives you the physical protection from chips while the Opti-Coat gives you the chemical protection, hydrophobic properties, and insane gloss. Bird poop, bug guts, even acid is not going to etch your paint or clear bra. Many of my customers want both and some kind of added protection to the rest of the vehicle You can't just apply it though, you have to do paint correction first so you must be a detailer. All new cars no matter who the manufacture is needs correction. It won't hide swirls and scratches like clear bra so surface has to be perfect and at its highest gloss to get optimal results. We love washing cars that were coated. So easy, as everything falls off it.

Not going to get into details but a lot of the people pushing cQuartz are a result of changes at Optimum that left them out last year. They switched over but its the same old argument with XPEL vs Suntek. IMO XPEL still wins and so does Opti-Coat ;) Opti-coat pro has 5 year warranty vs cQuartz and 2 years. You can't just go and get it though, you have to be an authorized dealer to purchase Optimum Pro coatings. They do interview and see who in your area is already using it. This is really nice too since you don't have to compete with each other like PPF. IMO that gives me an advantage since I locked in my area with Optimum. Their are minimum purchase requirements to keep your dealer status. Support has been great for us with Optimum too  :cool

Hope that helps!

Why would you need one if a coating on PPF has a 10 year warranty? It's not extending the warranty or part of warranty.

Those sealers act is fillers, and fillers would not enhance or add much value.

You can sell your customer as a maintenance product...but I would caution you not to over sell a customer as we should be highlighting to customers how we are protecting there paint not enhancing there finish.

Some films allow for buffing and detailing while it seems to me most of the films have ceramic chemistry infused to take on the elements.

It's mainly because my customers are asking for it . I'm still studying how it would affect the film long term. I do provide a free FX Spray Wax from Mothers as a maintenance product after each install.

I have had my detailer doing them for about 4 years, We were using Gtechniq and have used the Opti But are sticking with C quartz, By up selling the detail, paint corrections and film I have seen tickets go into the multiple thousands for a proper treatment. I also like the fact that with the products under the film and a layer over top, removal for dust particles and replacement of panels is light years easier. I also use my own Prep N Polish spray which is anti static before applying film and tint.

I actually had a guy with a Tesla who drove through a high pressure wash and it caught the edge of the film and lifted about half the door, he came by a few days later, miraculously there was no dirt under it, I soaked it with extra soapy slip and hot water and it laid back down perfectly... I was pretty impressed. Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago, much less even 5...

I use Opti-Coat. Its a great product. XPEL gives you the physical protection from chips while the Opti-Coat gives you the chemical protection, hydrophobic properties, and insane gloss. Bird poop, bug guts, even acid is not going to etch your paint or clear bra. Many of my customers want both and some kind of added protection to the rest of the vehicle You can't just apply it though, you have to do paint correction first so you must be a detailer. All new cars no matter who the manufacture is needs correction. It won't hide swirls and scratches like clear bra so surface has to be perfect and at its highest gloss to get optimal results. We love washing cars that were coated. So easy, as everything falls off it.

Not going to get into details but a lot of the people pushing cQuartz are a result of changes at Optimum that left them out last year. They switched over but its the same old argument with XPEL vs Suntek. IMO XPEL still wins and so does Opti-Coat ;) Opti-coat pro has 5 year warranty vs cQuartz and 2 years. You can't just go and get it though, you have to be an authorized dealer to purchase Optimum Pro coatings. They do interview and see who in your area is already using it. This is really nice too since you don't have to compete with each other like PPF. IMO that gives me an advantage since I locked in my area with Optimum. Their are minimum purchase requirements to keep your dealer status. Support has been great for us with Optimum too  :cool

Hope that helps!

Great info. I'm currently looking at CQ but will need to do some testing.

I have had my detailer doing them for about 4 years, We were using Gtechniq and have used the Opti But are sticking with C quartz, By up selling the detail, paint corrections and film I have seen tickets go into the multiple thousands for a proper treatment. I also like the fact that with the products under the film and a layer over top, removal for dust particles and replacement of panels is light years easier. I also use my own Prep N Polish spray which is anti static before applying film and tint.

I actually had a guy with a Tesla who drove through a high pressure wash and it caught the edge of the film and lifted about half the door, he came by a few days later, miraculously there was no dirt under it, I soaked it with extra soapy slip and hot water and it laid back down perfectly... I was pretty impressed. Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago, much less even 5...

You applied CQuartz over PPF? May I ask What brand PPF? And how is it holding up? Ty

What is this "prep and polish" you speak of? One of my biggest concerns is static and the dust the attracts.

Archived