Getting my ass kicked!

Hey guys, recently I decided to try my hand at window tinting, took a 4 day course and felt like everything was going well. The course gave me a good start but I know that there is still a lot of hard work to go. I have since tinted 5 cars without too much of a problem until now... I cannot for the life of me shrink the rear window on my mums Ford KA (2006 3dr) I am using the dry method of shrink with baby powder, tried my anchor 'H' high and low but still I keep on creasing the shrink! I must of tried at least 10-12 times and wasted a lot of tint! On the course I learnt to shrink a mk5 golf so surely I must be missing something!?!? Any tips on these cars or do I just need to practice a lot more? Thanks guys :)

Slow down and take your time. Every time you fail, sit back and think about what you could possibly change and make it happen. Don't try rushing the shrink! I personally don't like baby powder because I always seem to over shrink the film. Have you tried a dryer sheet or soap method? 

I was exactly the same. Went on a 3 day course, tinted around 6 cars and came across a KA.

It beat me and I gave up on it as it was a mates car.

A year down the line I tried it again with soap method. And took my time and it was a peice of cake.

You will get cars you struggle with to start off with, just keep at it. Then one day you'll be sitting down after tinting a bit£h of a car. And it'll sink in that no car phases you any more lol

Same thing happened to me when I first started tinting. Tried tinting the back glass of a friends car and couldn't do it. After a few months and I found out about the dry shrink technique, knocked it like I actually knew what I was doing. 

Archived