A couple tips for plotter users

Ford 250/f350  Order a 72" cut 26/26/20. Some of those patterns are close to 24/25"   Ex. On Precision cut you need 24.7"  sometimes you cant "rotate it a bit to work"

Your pinch rollers have to be perfect to get by. Alleviate some headache with extra room.

The rolls can always be used for other things as well.

Doing windshields.  Always take a look at the glass stamp. You need to realize that 50% of the time the glass could have been replaced with a cheaper version and black borders around mirrors etc can be different.,  Save yourself some cash taking the time to look before you cut

Something that I would love to see available on plotter programs is to remove the bottom section of the pattern from being cut. This way you could have the plotter cut the sides and top then free hand the bottom so that the pattern could be done on a smaller roll. The last roll of 50% I had was 20" and I probably do 80% of my fronts on trucks. Had to hand cut everything. Had I been able to plot 3 sides, I could have gotten away with it on Rams and Chev/GM's. 

19 minutes ago, liltintgoddess said:

Just back to the tint world and use a plotter at my new gig. Struggling with the transition from hand cut to computer cut......and not having fun. Still new here, not real comfortable shaking things up too much yet but there's so much waste!!!! In the future I can see suggesting using smaller rolls more often. How do you keep static down? I've noticed the film was to almost grab itself when coming off the machine.

What film are they using? Ameraguard?

Ameraguard and 3m are the worst for static. Pull out slack and rub a dryer sheet across the film before it comes up thriugh the plotter...then sit back and babysit the process

Bingo...I just mentioned the dryer sheets. wipe down top of plotter then the roll as you roll out what you think you need and that will be the future love hate relationship you will have with that film

cheers

20 minutes ago, TrueNorthTint said:

i fight with my 3M CS with static too. Have to help guide it on the table and stop it from rubbing itself or bunch up on the roll. I slowed down my cut speed so that I could help it easier. 

That's right TrueNorthTint. When I was trading at a spot that uses only 3m I had them wipe it do, put slack on the roll in the back, throw a few micro fibers in the slack area for weight and the film wouldn't stick to itself

cheers

15 hours ago, drtint4211 said:

That's right TrueNorthTint. When I was trading at a spot that uses only 3m I had them wipe it do, put slack on the roll in the back, throw a few micro fibers in the slack area for weight and the film wouldn't stick to itself

cheers

Yes alot of times you have to stand infront of plotter and pull the film when it is coming out so it doesnt "bunch" "curl" on it self

3 hours ago, F1windowtinting said:

Yes alot of times you have to stand infront of plotter and pull the film when it is coming out so it doesnt "bunch" "curl" on it self

:thumb

Archived