How high is the demand for quality window tinters?

Hey guys,

I've done a lot of research on the industry, but haven't found much in regards to the market and demand for window tinters. Being that many of you have years and years of experience, would you say there is a high demand for quality window tinters? 

I'm curious because this may lead to a career change for me eventually as many of you have experienced. I've heard some people claim only 20% market penetration in the market for window tinting. 

This may be a silly question, but I thought I'd ask you guys and get your spin on it :lol6 

Window tinting is a tough nut to crack.  It is whored out by people that think it is something that is cheap in material so they give the work away.  They may or may not do quality work.  The shop employee looks at the cost of material alone and thinks they can make a LOT of money so they go out or their own or on the side.  They PIE just gets smaller and the quality goes down most times.

The newer vehicles are coming more and more with tinted glass and that makes for a difficult position of trying to sell those vehicles on other than just the fronts.  The factory glass also has much better specs than it did years ago so the need for a window film to protect the interior is much less.

For the flat glass market the glass is getting better and better and they are using better and being required to use better glass that doesn't need the same film that it did even 10 years ago. 

Quality tinters will be in demand for many more years but the number of jobs will get spread out more as the cheaper minded workers are going to continue to grow.

Guest SumTintGuy

I read big manufacturers are looking to outsource jobs. Its a hard industry. Something i didnt expect was a lot of employers dont respect the industry and could careless about the employee. Its rare to find a employer thats fair and honest.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:44 PM, Ryker said:

Window tinting is a tough nut to crack.  It is whored out by people that think it is something that is cheap in material so they give the work away.  They may or may not do quality work.  The shop employee looks at the cost of material alone and thinks they can make a LOT of money so they go out or their own or on the side.  They PIE just gets smaller and the quality goes down most times.

The newer vehicles are coming more and more with tinted glass and that makes for a difficult position of trying to sell those vehicles on other than just the fronts.  The factory glass also has much better specs than it did years ago so the need for a window film to protect the interior is much less.

For the flat glass market the glass is getting better and better and they are using better and being required to use better glass that doesn't need the same film that it did even 10 years ago. 

Quality tinters will be in demand for many more years but the number of jobs will get spread out more as the cheaper minded workers are going to continue to grow.

Well said 

Archived