SEMA SHOW 2017!!!

1 minute ago, whitehog said:

Yes I sure do, they are fantastic people. I know a good many people in the film industry at the manny side.

I hardly know many mannies. I agree it's good to know more people.

You know, sometimes it's like, you know many people,

and wait for the right time to come.

Just now, FilmTack said:

I hardly know many mannies. I agree it's good to know more people.

You know, sometimes it's like, you know many people,

and wait for the right time to come.

Agreed, I hope the MaxPro films are working well for you.

We were just about to set up a distributor in Malaysia for our films but Malaysia is changing the laws in 2018 and will change the dynamics of film distribution there.

10 minutes ago, whitehog said:

Agreed, I hope the MaxPro films are working well for you.

We were just about to set up a distributor in Malaysia for our films but Malaysia is changing the laws in 2018 and will change the dynamics of film distribution there.

It has been very competitive in Asia for US mannies in the past 12 months. Some saw the steepest decline in recent memories. 

Malaysia is confused. I reported to Maxpro that I made an urgent trip to Malaysia a few days ago because of this issue.
Their regulator is called JPJ. A testing agency called AAA wants set the benchmark, that is similar as ABG regulations. 
If Malaysia adopts the ABG system, they will force all distributors to expose their manufacturers (listed online for verification).

Most US manny distributors attended the briefing but some private labels boycotted it because they are using Taiwanese and China tints, so these companies are forming another association make JPJ accept their standards. 

Hope these information are useful for your assessment.

1 hour ago, FilmTack said:

It has been very competitive in Asia for US mannies in the past 12 months. Some saw the steepest decline in recent memories. 

Malaysia is confused. I reported to Maxpro that I made an urgent trip to Malaysia a few days ago because of this issue.
Their regulator is called JPJ. A testing agency called AAA wants set the benchmark, that is similar as ABG regulations. 
If Malaysia adopts the ABG system, they will force all distributors to expose their manufacturers (listed online for verification).

Most US manny distributors attended the briefing but some private labels boycotted it because they are using Taiwanese and China tints, so these companies are forming another association make JPJ accept their standards. 

Hope these information are useful for your assessment.

Wow, thank you for sharing this information. We will try to work with our contact in Malaysia to see if we can get our films approved for the QR Code labels. It is our hope that we can be approved for distribution.

Thank you again for sharing! Hope to meet you in Las Vegas.

Shawn

Archived