Best way to deal with peanuts

Doing a charger for the first time today and have seen a lot on how to prep but not much on how to deal with peanuts if you get them. 

Can you work them out with a hard card if you get them or are you just screwed? Or can you heat them from outside and get them to lay down? 

Have never done a “peanut problem” glass before so just trying to be prepared. Thanks 

Edited by TQtinting

Wait a while before messing with them to let them tack up a bit, then push the air straight up or down to the defogger line. Sometimes the air will be a little trapped and if that's the case, I'd make a small pierce at the line to give the air somewhere to go.

It's a pain in the ass to do though, especially when they are all over the window.

I’ll add that shrinking is what causes the peanuts in the first place. On those type rear windows that I know has a chance of peanuts, I pull my heat gun back about 6 to 8 inches further away from the film than I normally would on other rears. This method may take you a few minutes longer to shrink but the end result will be a peanuts free rear screen. I made a video on this on a charger, let me see if I can dig it up and I’ll post it

Hey everyone thanks for the input believe it or not this was the very first charger I did and didn’t end up with a single peanut!! Call it luck or good prep work I don’t know but it went very well. 

I did a back blade pass on the lines a couple of times and then took steel wool to it. I did notice some very faint scratching from back blading, however you can’t even tell it is there. Next time maybe ditch the blading and just use steel wool. 

5 hours ago, dan_kohan said:

what the heck is a back blade pass...?

Use a razor blade to clean them but make sure you hold it the opposite way. So instead of directly scraping with the razor use it backwards to clean the defrost lines. Basically roughing them up a little. Seems to have worked amazingly for me however I feel I probably could have gotten away with just the #0000 steel wool