C-5 Pilots

Three pilots just stopped by the hangar to test out their NVG (night vision goggles). They had to use the hangar because it is inside and dark and they could sit in the cockpit and run their tests.

After they were done they let us try them on. The had a helmet mounted set and a two pairs that resembled a small pair of binoculars.

I had never looked through a pair. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face and when I put them on it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. You can see everything and everyone around you has no idea if your looking at them or not. I felt kinda insecure when I wasn't wearing them.

Guest thetintshop

I got to wear some when I was in the marines. it's a weird feeling after looking through them, then having to take them off and not being able to see shiat.

When I was in the Marines I got lucky enough to have a  AN/TVS-5 attached to my M40A1.  Talk about cool :thumb

How does it looks like, IS every THIng Green like they show in the movies or Game.

Guest crewdog10

When I was in New Mexico, I got to wear NVG's while flying 150 yds off the ground through canyons. Now that shiz was crazy. When we pulled up out of the canyon the crew opened the rear door and we got to sit and let our feet hang out the back like on a pickup truck. Thats a way way different view that from sitting in one of the passenger seats. :lol

Guest H?perOptik

back in 97 when I was in russia, they were selling the NVBinocs in the flea market for $150 each.. cool thing to get, tho not as good as the ones available now.. .but it was a piece of military equipment that you could get in the streets! :lol

Archived