Cutting 11 mill on my plotter

Llumar 11 mil cuts on my anagraph 101E plotter at a pressure setting of 12.2 (we use 4 for car tint on average) when I cut the same small (3inch * 3inch) square pattern 5 times. I can get it to cut without cutting through the release liner, by easing the pressure and cycling the cut more. I used a very pointed blade, more pointed than my 45 degree, I think it was a 30 but I may have that backwards which would mean the 60. Tint cutting plotters have weakened or none existent springs in the middle wheels if they have middle wheels. When cutting 2 mil window film like regular film, this pressure is bad, leaving permanent marks in the film. In security films, it looks like it is required and hopefully not going to harm the film due to its thickness. I am going to re-equalize the spring pressure on my machine and test again because of YAW, the lateral twist caused by higher outside wheel pressure and the higher blade pressure with the lower inside wheel pressure. It twists the film left and right as bigger panes are cut. It makes a pattern that looks like my 5 poker cards I hold in my hand, each just off axis from the other. If I can solve the YAW problem, the cutting is a none issue, and I can get on to figuring out what the hell that idiot was doing when he came up with Dow Corning 995 in a tube.

The word on the street is that S***rg***d is getting in on router tables to cut these thick films. Whn not, they have been cuttig lexan and sign industry materials for many years, just change the cut heads around and the 5'*8' router tables would be very flexible in a tint shop.

Edited by Tintcutter

Guest metint

I've been promoting the use of portable pasting tables and ceramic cutter for a couple years now... they workgreat, too. :spank