Llumar CTX vs Autobahn i3

Good afternoon!

I am planning on having my RS3 (Glacier White with black interior) tinted and had a question regarding one tint in particular... the Autobahn i3. I've previously had other cars tinted with Llumar F1 Pinnacle. However, the shop I'm planning on going to does not stock it.

The shop I plan on going with has Llumar CTX (which I hear is first gen Pinnacle) and Huper Optik/Autobahn i3. I was wondering if anyone had any particular preference? I haven't seen anything substantial regarding the Autobahn i3 (which has a dye layer mixed in with ceramic) on Google or TintDude. But have heard good things about Huper Ceramic. I also trust Llumar so I'm not particularly concerned about the CTX if it's Pinnacle-esque.

I'm planning on tinting CTX 35% or i3 33% (maybe 40)?

Appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!

Edited by RS3FTW

Very one sided reply here because we are a LLumar shop and do not have any experience with Autobahn or Huper Optik.

We stock CTX and the customers that have chosen it have been pleased with its heat rejection performance.

LLumar did just introduce a new line that has higher IR rejection numbers called IRX, maybe that would be something to look into.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:54 PM, LB55 said:

I’ve used both products. If you want the best with the highest heat rejection use i3

Thanks for the reply! Why do you feel that Autobahn is better compared to Llumar? Are you not concerned about the dye layer? Is it worth $200+ more than the CTX?

On 6/8/2019 at 10:09 AM, ErieTint said:

Very one sided reply here because we are a LLumar shop and do not have any experience with Autobahn or Huper Optik.

We stock CTX and the customers that have chosen it have been pleased with its heat rejection performance.

LLumar did just introduce a new line that has higher IR rejection numbers called IRX, maybe that would be something to look into.

Thanks! I've had two cars with Llumar's Pinnacle and liked it a lot. I'll have to check out the IRX! Hopefully the shop that I'm looking at tinting the car will have it.

On July 3, 2019 at 9:44 PM, RS3FTW said:

Thanks! I've had two cars with Llumar's Pinnacle and liked it a lot. I'll have to check out the IRX! Hopefully the shop that I'm looking at tinting the car will have it.

Either LLumar's new IRX or their FormulaOne Stratos, they are very similar. Those are their two top performing automotive films currently.