o4 f150

magictinter

I took one look at this mirror and said noway im attemptint to take this thing off, so I threw the visor over it. the customer is now wanting it lower, so I have to remove the mirror, but am clueless on it. its the one with a black box mounted on it where the mirror attaches to the window, and it has two wired plugs on it, one plugs into the back of the mirror and the other plugs into the black box. any help on this?

Guest thetintshop

unplug both the wires. it has a torx screw that holds the black box on it. take it off. the mirror has a breakaway mount, so just pull the mirror to the side and it will pop right off. to put it back on, just slide it down like a normal mirror. may have to bang the top a little.

Guest thetintshop

I remove a shiatload of these things replacing winshields. I may have this one mixed up with another one. but I know for a fact it is a breakaway mirror. that part I'm sure of.

but I could swear it has a torx screw. can you take a pic of it and remind me?

Guest llwill
but I could swear it has a torx screw. can you take a pic of it and remind me?

I sure can, but it will be monday night before I can post it for you. is that cool?

[*]150870

Her is a picture. I have the same problem, how to remove the mirror

post-14130-1111381612.jpg

Guest llwill
just pull it down and I will pop off...

[*]268807

Just pull what down? Another forum said there is a locking tab inside the bottom (left in the picture) that must be depressed to remove it. I also read the you just twist it sideways and it comes off. Before I break a windshield. I need the correct solution from somebody that has removed one. Not just speculation.

Archived