Question about VLT variance

osiris

Hi,

I live in Illinois and would like clarification on the tint laws. It is my understanding that you can go as low as 35% VLT all the way around the car except the front windshield with a 5% variance. Does that mean 5% of 35, or +-5% as in 30-40%?

I'm thinking it's the former, but I remain hopeful 😂.

33 minutes ago, Ryker said:

Don't just pull crap of the internet. This is a wrong interpretation of the law... 

Just realized that guy you quoted was a spammer. He had a link in the text to his site. I deleted his post, so your reply might look strange.

I just did a minor search on google and found this about the tinting laws of Illinois State.

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Please keep in mind that it is only for Sedans, if you have SUV then the law is different.

13 hours ago, eddiesagers said:

I just did a minor search on google and found this about the tinting laws of Illinois State.

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Please keep in mind that it is only for Sedans, if you have SUV then the law is different.

Pulling information from some website.... what you posted is only part of the whole thing.