tint chiping on the edges

hey anyone had the top edges of ...say mustangs or eclipses getting little chips I would assume from rubbing against the gasket while the window is up...I got 2 in the last month one a mustang the other I can't remember what the hell it was....but it sucks....I do not file edges...but leave a very tight light line....at the top edge.....who got the fix?

They don't have frames so I'm guessing that those small guides are whereing the film away.

those little triangles that hold the glass in place. There attached to the a frame.

Guest Sprinter

not your problem tintman pa its something there doing or its the top when it comes down and they have the windows up and the top hits the glass just right and messes the tint!

if the glass is already chipped then install it as best that you can I had to cut the tint below a chip so the edge of the film was'nt 1/4" all the way across and they knew the chip was there and they were fine with how it came out!

Guest metint
could be the customer's rings or watches, when they shut the door using the glass to push it closed, they might be chipping the tint on the top edge.

:thumb or keys in the hand while closing the door with the glass...

Or the pressure button at the weatherstrip is doing it... especially if these chips in tint occur in the same spot every time.

Guest Sprinter

you wonder why these people would use the glass to close the door, sure way to lossen up the glass so it just flops around in a year or so!

Archived