What slip-on agent for S&S?

Installing my first S&S film job - 4 mil. What do you recommend as a slip-on agent. I have always used J&J Baby Shampoo for regular flat glass film. The film distributor is recommending a specific product. What is your experience and recommendation?

Guest pmuzik
Installing my first S&S film job - 4 mil.? What do you recommend as a slip-on agent.? I have always used J&J Baby Shampoo for regular flat glass film.? The film distributor is recommending a specific product.? What is your experience and recommendation?

Give this stuff a try it works Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat :nope

Guest TintPoser

For safety and security, I would only use what the manufacturer recommends. It would be a shame if some ass does something bad and it ends up the lawyers of the family members find something you did wrong. The stuff that the manufacturer recommends costs like 18 bucks for one gallon and will do over 40 gallons of solution. Not worth saving 18 bucks on what should be a high dollar job.

The type of water you use can also affect the way the slip handles. I would stick to using only distilled water and the same amount of slip/soap every time. Just easier that way

Guest SHOMEURTINTS

Several manufacturer's suggest JBS with a specific ratio. Hanita, ACE, and LULU. Also, NO ONE warrants the reduction of injury from installing safety and security film. YOU can't be sued. Let me rephrase that; anyone can be sued. They won't win because the warranty covers craftmanship in the material only. No warranty states protection from injury or death. If it did, no one would install the stuff. Who wants that risk! The warranty is only for peeling, cracking, delaminating, etc.

Guest atypicaldave
Film On for this stuff. Shampoo and soaps make the heavy guage stuff just slip down to the bottom.

Yeah man, I've seen heavy safety film slip down the glass as though it were sheet metal. :rollin

Archived