Sea Sponges

Guest Meff

Guest Meff

Does anyone from this board use this type of sponge, and if so do you like them, and where do you get them from. If you are sensitive with posting where you get them from, please PM me with your answer. I am doing a search for getting them, I have found a couple of places, but I am unsure who to deal with.

For what purpose ...washing your car...If so most of theCar care Boutiques ..there's a hundred of them on net..Very high{25.00} and when we used them in 98 they did no less creating micro scratches than the 5.00 pro wash mitts.Meff if thats your delima use 2 buckets 1 soap 1 rinse ...both 5 gallon ....wash rinse mitt then put back in wash bucket and so on.. :film If for taking a bath Im sorry for rambling :lol:thumb:lol

Guest Meff

Thanks for your feedback TB. I thought that the sea sponges would be less course on your clear coat than the man made sponges. I will try the washing mit ordeal next time. :evileye

Guest goldntint

Thanks TB. I have been under the same impression as Meff and been paying high$ for the sea sponge. Live and learn I guess.

I had a customer who was a regular and he thought the same...Brought in his porshe 911 turbo thats a summer car and wanted me to buff out the spider webbing ...he didnt know where they come from and I asked how he washes it...Sea sponge but they dont cause scratching :) Everything you wash with causes some scratching ...just have to be aware of your precedure :gasp

I used a sea sponge for the first time today washing my truck. Holy @#$%, it held a ton of water. It also was very soft as to a man-made sponge. TB, you nailed it when you said that they are costly, but heck with it, you only live once and it is just a sponge. :nope:cool

:beer Meff...If you use two buckets one for soaop and one with rinse water...the sponge is great and fun and if it makes you enjoy washing your truck more ...great,thats what matters...Your sponge will last a long time,butin cleaning engine depts,greasy wheels , greasy door , 26.00 would break my heart x3 employees :beer Have you tried in in the tub yet :beer

All of the greasy, grimey areas I leave that for my crappy, beat up, man made sponge in another bucket of course. As far as using one of these sea sponges in the shower, I have not tried that yet. :thumb

Archived