Hello Tintdude!

Guest crewdog10

Guest crewdog10

Hello everyone! I just got back to Germany from a vacation in the US. After a few years in Germany, America almost seem's foreign to me. Luckily, Protint made me feel right at home. I went down to visit his shop in Dover and he taught me a few things that I may have never learned on my own. While I was in the states, I got married to my beautiful fiance Xenia. I just wanted to say that I appreciate the forum and that I hope to get up to date as quickly as possible. Sorry if this post seem's random, but I am about ten glasses of wine into my night. I just retinted my honda today and it is the best job that I have ever done. Protint showed me how to get those pesty creases out of my roll downs, Thanks! this site is helpful to those of us trying to learn this skillful trade. Thanks to all who participate! :spit

Guest tinterjim

Damn......sorry I missed you. Protint is only up the highway from me. I tried to PM you but you are still a new user so I couldn't. Oh well maybe next time. Congrats on the marriage, I wish you the best :beer

don't forget to :spit

Guest crewdog10

I tinted mine today and I did a very nice job. I didn't file the front windows because I was a little unsure about the technique, althought I did buy a file and do a test run on my windows (I filed a 18 inch strip perfectly). I'm just not sure how to keep the bottom from running short, I guess I'll have to guesstimate and make it work. My roll downs came out Perfecto! :beer

The Jiffy that I bought got my old tint off in less than an hour. I'm glad I made that investent. You made shrinking look so easy when I came to visit, it took you about 5-10 minutes, and me 20-30. But, my car looks good. I put the Solar Gard HP 32% and it looks much better than the 22%. Thanks for your help, next time that I come through I will stop by, I hope that you do the same :spit

Did you by the same file I was useing? I have gone through alot of files and that is what works best for me the BASTARD file. When I first started filing the BASTARD file was what I used but I thought it was to Knarly so I tried a plethera of different kinds. Tintboy brought me back to the BASTARD and I have stayed with it now for over a year.

I only file when I use the computercut because of the uneven edge that it cuts. The computer cut always leaves the bottom edge long for filing. I you want to file when you hand cut just lay the straight edge off the box about 1/16 of an inch below the outside of your scraper seal. Cut your sides and then the top edge of the glass. Now when you install it you can overlap the top edge just a little not to much or you could rip the film while your filing. Now because of the 1/16in. you left over the bottom when you started will insure that you don't come up short on your install. :spit

I am sorry we didn't have time to do dinner and :beer maybe next time STEIN

Guest crewdog10

I found a crafstman file at the BX. One side is bastard and the other side is fine. I used the fine side and it worked very well. I have to redo the passenger side and will file it. I'm off to bed now, it's about 4 in the morning. I'll post you tomorrow and let you know how it works out. Thanks again :spit

Archived