The good and the bad

Guest crewdog10

Guest crewdog10

I retinted an 04 Accord today. It was frustrating and gratifying at the same time.

The gratifying parts were that I learned a few tricks. The first was how to put the tint on the roll downs without touching the adhesive side. That was awesome, :lol6 I drastically cut down on the contamination. The other cool thing was that I shrank the roll downs for the first time. I always understood the concept but it was cool putting it to use. :thumb

My frustration today came from doing the back window. I've gotten pretty good at shrinking but this window is presenting quite a challenge. I don't understand it though, I did my 01 Civic just fine and it appears to be almost the same shape, but smaller. :lol I keep getting small 1 inch creases in the bottom corners. Luckily my customer will come back tomorrow and let me try again. Sorry I guess I just feel the need to vent my frustration, if anyone has some suggestions I will put them to good use tomorrow. Well, it's off the the bar to get a :thumb now and I'll check the board when I get back. Talk to everyone later. :bling

I would not keep redoing a back glass because of a small crease.. It all really depends on it's size, but it's something I would ot do. Once they dry, you can't even tell they are there.

And pulling panels is nice.. Saves so much hassle

Guest crewdog10
why? they don't need it.

I don't like to pull panels. The only reason I did in the past was to get below stubborn gaskets. Now I just cut it flush and avoid the gasket or tuck only about an 1/8 of an inch. :nope But unless I wet shrink I will get huge fingers running up the middle of the window. It only takes an extra minute to do it and seems worthwhile to me. :lol

Guest crewdog10

This one already had felt on the gaskets. :thumb I redid the back window today and I finally got it flawless. Just when I thought I was a competent shrinker an 04' Accord came and :thumb my azz. Oh well, I got it done and learned alot from this car, I just hope that I don't have to learn this much from the 03' Stratus that's coming in tomorrow. :lol6:thumb:lol6

Archived