Brake tags

Guest Tint Masters

we used to have inspection stickers. $5, lasted for 1 year. About 2-3 years ago, they did away with them. Technically, inspection stations were supposed to check a lot of things (windshields, lights, horn, tires, etc.) It took about 10-15 to check everything they were supposed to check. All for $5. Less than a dollar went to the inspection station, so they stopped requiring them. Now, there are all kinds of junkers on the road. Smashed windshields, no brake and/or tail lights, bald tires, and all kinds of other stuff.

Guest DixieGraphics

they did away with those here several years ago

I think they should bring them back, lookin at all those POS's out there

Guest wroach

Im from LA and I jus got my inspection sticker changed today and the dude told me he barely makes 3 bucks a sticker on private cars...but he says he makes a lot from big company trucks....I guess they cost more and ive neva had anything checked n ma gas tank b4 so I dont kno wut thats about

Guest Meff
they did away with those here several years ago

I think they should bring them back, lookin at all those POS's out there

They have both the inspection and emission stickers here in certain counties in pennsi. Both are done yearly, gas tank and charcoal canisters are checked. It has been awhile since I was up to date on emissions testing, but will bust out the old Voci books sometime I guess.

Guest S and S
here in texas you have to invest a @#$% pile of money to inspect cars :beer the gizmo used to check gas tank pressure is like 1000 bucks alone :passout hope you dont have to mess with any stuff like that.

Like that in NC NOW since they passed the emmisions thing!!! You have to have a pit so you can inspect the @#$% under the car as well!! It used to be 10 bucks now this year it went up to 35 buck!! BULLSHIT!!

Guest Sprinter

we pay 27 and new cars don't have to be tested untill there 5 years old and then it's every two years, but no sticker no pass and no tags!

Guest nautiboi73

we have to climb on a car tredmill and get up to ## Mph to get tested if your car is a 96 or later. all others have OBD so they just plug and play with those. but they do check out gas cap to make sure that it can maintain pressure. $25 a pop. no sticker, no tag.

Guest shrink

In PA we have to get our inspection and emissions test once a year. The cost of inspection is @ $20, but the emissions test cost about $50. :beer So we're spending about $60-$75 a year :cool:hump , and that's only if you pass. That's part of the reason I'm movin to Florida. No inspections down there. I could drive the Fred Flinstone mobile on the highway if I wanted. :hump

Archived