PA tint laws

Guest neonjay

Guest neonjay

Pa law in a very uncertain way states that windows that have 70% are legal (or that does not permit a person from viewing the inside of your vehicle is illegal) if I have 20 % tint on my windows what would my windows show up as with a tint meter. and you can view the inside of the car with 20% tint right??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong 20% film means that 20% light is coming through the glass. Well even a little less light due to the factory tint in the glass already. But a 20% film will shoot a 17% on a light meter. A 70% film is really clear. Madico makes a AG-70 and Solis makes a 70% but when installed if the cop or inpector drops a meter on it it will read like 67 or 68% and they will fail you. Most of the time they don't even know it is tinted with a 70%VLT film installed. VLT = Visable Light Transmission.

that is only on the front two doors . where 70 % is legal . the back you can be 28% . if you go 35 all around you wont have trouble. as long as a cop can see in the car . he will not stop you. depending on where in pa your from you may even be able to go darker. with out having to worry about cops

Guest neonjay

I had 20 on the front doors, and 5 on the rest. took off the front doors and he

dismissed the case, but the cop told me if he sees me again he will stop me because the rear window is to dark. I put 20 back on the fronts yesterday. is 5 on the back window actually illegal

I hear ya bro. It's the same way here with the cops. They rarely pull people over normally they just use it for probubble (:dunno at spelling) cause just to pull over some young punk with some dope or beer in his car.

Guest Eazytint

actually all the law says is "Must be able to see into the vehicle" that is all it says, PENNDOT says 70 for all windows, screw PENNDOT since when are they part of the judicial branch of our government.

Archived