PA tint laws

Guest neonjay

neon: I use solar gard film...I care a 43% your car would be very close to legal with it ; however I do very little of this as people want something noticable on there vehicle and 43% doesn't cange the glass much ..I use alot of 32% it is not legal in Pa. but like pie said the if you can see in, you usually will not have a problem. it also help if you do not do a light or medium on the two front and darker in the back . I do alot like that too but it make the car stand out more and make the car look tinted with the same all aroound it look as if it should be that way (know what I mean)?...the penn dot law also says you need to put a sticker in the back glass a 1 inch vesc20 sticker even if you use a 43% or light film with out this sticker you can still be made to remove the tint. but what it really comes down to is the cop 5 cop will give yo 5 different answers if they want to hassel you they will..I'd stick to 32% of close to that all the way around...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest neonjay

thanks for the info, im gonna stay with my 5 % on the back three, and 20% on the front two, ive been okay for five years up to a few weeks ago we will see what happens

Pierce is right the state toooper could car less and the same for most of the local cop...hell If tinted most of there vehicles but you getone of those @$$%ole....we got one place near here and the had a huge dr*g bust ..with the cash they confinscated theybought all kinds of equiptment....well one cop ordered the light meter and nails everyone none of the other in that area care about tint but him.... :ahole :ahole

Archived