Disgusting yellow headlights...

Guest daroy99

Guest darkdan

Brasso (brass polish).

Rub it on, rub it off. etc etc etc.

$1.99 at walmart.

Then, get 303 aerospace protectant and treat the headlights. That will prevent it from happening again.

I wetsand with W/D 600 only ...buff with white wooland meguires plastic cleaner,then plastic polish,charge customer 35.00 ..dont know how long it last.Everyone I do the people are selling it :lol Do not try any sand paper on newer cars some of the higher end cars have a differant lens material with a protective UV coating so they dont turn yellow :lol

that UV coating wears off over time, that is what turns them yellow. All headlights like 1986 and newer have that coating (plastic ones anyway) I do believe. just use a polish with a uv protectant in it and it should hold quite a while, I used meguirs 3 stage cleaning, polish, and wax system. Good luck :rollin

I saw a commerical advertising a product called fl!tz. They showed someone using this stuff to clean off headlight covers like you guys are talking about. Is this stuff junk?

Guest headlightrestoration

Dear Disgusting yellow headlights,

The cause of your problem is not carwash soap. It is the sun. The plastic headlights are made of polycarbonate that is given a UV coating at the factory, but as your car is left in the sunlight it will degrade that coating and eventually the lights will begin to craze over because the sun actually eats up the outer layer of the plastic. We have a patented process that will remove the outer crazing and apply a new coating that is guaranteed for one year and will last much longer if you can park the car out of the sun.

You can get the headlights improved at auto detailers who sand it down and apply a buffed on polish, but this will not last as the sun quickly wears off the polish and then the plastic is left unprotected and will degrade even quicker. Our treatment is actually a light cured crosslinked polymer that gives the same type of protection as the manufacturer gave it. You would be amazed. It leaves the lights crystal clear and fantastic.

Where are you located? We are in CA but are beginning to expand our operations to nationwide. Perhaps we can help you. If you are interested, let me know.

Shirley at headlightrestoration@gmail.com

Archived