help old 403 in ta

Guest gameboyjim

Guest gameboyjim

I had my 403 rebuilt 40 over last year but it has less power than before all an any help I can get would be great like what is the best trans you can put on a 403 the best pistons that I could be put in to up compression and hp what kind of card I can put under the hood and not mess with the shaker I also would like to lift the back end 2 or 3 inches

Well Hello...after being called tint bandit and having a T/A as a avater...and over 8 years of restoring 77-81 Trans ams ..I might be able to advice you on one thing :lol6 The 403 was never built for performance...You can add some cam and carb upgrades and add a 373 gear to rearend and this is really the most for the money your going to get...it in a 79 and my wife made me sell after taking son for a joy ride :shock Didnt realize he was so religious :lol6:thumb If you want to stay pontiac find a W72 78 400 motor that has 220 from factory and built with a good set of heads and cam ...The torque will amaze you.Kens speed shop in Florida can help also...He has a 76 T/A that ran 9. something and weighed 3600 pounds...Thats some dammm horse power at 147 or so mph :lol

Archived