Flatglass basics

Guest crewdog10

Guest crewdog10

Where can I learn the basics of flatglass tinting. :hmmm I can buy the film, but finding someone in the local area to teach me is out of the question. Any tutorials? I do auto now but I'm just curious about flat. :hmmm

Guest metint

LLuLLu's still got their res/comm training CD in development... motherload of sales info, technical info and installation training via mpeg video clips. Another month or two and it should be available for purchase.

I am sure there are others out there in VHS format... :hmmm

Guest crewdog10
LLuLLu's still got their res/comm training CD in development... motherload of sales info, technical info and installation training via mpeg video clips. Another month or two and it should be available for purchase.

I am sure there are others out there in VHS format... :thumb

Keep me posted on that when it comes out. That would be a great help. :spit

But just for my curiousity now, what method is used to unroll? Is it like reverse rolling w/o peeling the liner first?

Guest autotintplus

I use the bite & tongue peel. Some do the peel & snap (wrists) but I don't care for that technique since I creased some film that way. I just make sure I'm holding the center at all times or you'll have a roll out--like when you used to play bugel with a largeposterboard -small to large and can yell in your friends ear.

Guest pmuzik
:hmmm Right to the point...See what hangin around me for a couple hours can do to ya? :lol

:lol when you figure out how to bypass # 1and 2 let me know :lol

:woowoo Right to the point...See what hangin around me for a couple hours can do to ya?  :beer

:rollin when you figure out how to bypass # 1and 2 let me know :inot

Find someone you trust to sub it out to and make $1.00-$1.50 a foot on it like I do :thumbdown

Archived