OK I am ready to dive right in...

Got a job, now I need a film!

Here is what the customer wants (oh and the customer is Humble PD, so I really want to make him happy :jerkit ):

1) First it is a new home... dual pane glass!

2) He does not want a film that is very reflective!

3) And of course nothing to dark :wall !

Any suggestions , I have a few ideas! Was thinking maybe a SG SS :dunno... that is still pretty reflective though.

TTC :rock

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Method

What film do you have to choose from that is a pretty broad discription...there is not alot of films that look reflective on dual pane glass it pretty much looks all the same form out side..but you will have some reflectivity on the inside. but you a couple of NR films to choose from are Huper Optiks, 3M Night Vision, you can't get vista but they have kinda high interior/exterior reflectivity. Madico has a SG series that looks pretty good with an average VLR, 50%VLT at 11%VLR. But, again I dont know what line of film you have access to.

Hopw that helps...

:jerkit

3M Night Vision... how is that as far as the inside to out reflectivity at night time!

SunTek has a neutral with a 48% VLT, I have never used their res/com film but for a film that does not look reflective inside to out at night and it is a very nice shade.

SG SS (I'm at home, but I think with a 54% VLT) film may be a good choice as well but over 50% mark! :dunno

LluLlu seems (may be me) more reflective than most :wall

Huper Optiks never used :rock, not ashamed to admit...to expensive for my customers!

TTC :jerkit

SG SS (I'm at home, but I think with a 54% VLT) film may be a good choice as well but over 50% mark!

SS 50...No Problemo. Does what you want and holds up. I install alot of it, never had an issue yet, and some has been on a loooong time (10+ years) and still looks great. I know....I tinted about 8 houses in the same neighborhood over 10 years ago, and it's 1/2 mile tops from my house, and I send people their all the time to see how much nicer the tinted houses look over the lame ass clear losers. :dunno:jerkit

SG SS (I'm at home, but I think with a 54% VLT) film may be a good choice as well but over 50% mark!

SS 50...No Problemo. Does what you want and holds up. Very safe film. I install alot of it, never had an issue yet, and some has been on a loooong time (10+ years) and still looks great. :jerkit

I was thinking SS 50, my only concern is the inside to out reflectivity at night! What do you think? I really want to try and pick the right film, good cop and good customer :dunno!

TTC :rock

Archived