blue max

Guest learner

Guest learner

Since I have started using a blue max or a clear max I find it quicker. I dont even use my yellow turbo any more. I rarely use a hard card either. I just make 2 passes or so with the blue max and done. My jobs come out alot cleaner now and I contribute that to the blue max. Is this the way that most do it now or what . Just wanting some of your thoughts on this the pro and cons anyone has encountered with this method

I use the 5" Blue Rider, I love it, orange crush is my favorite though. :beer

I am going to have to get an Orange Crush. Whats the biggest difference between that and a Blue Max? I always tack it down with yellow blade on top edge, heat corners, then go over entire with Blue Max?

Guest learner

I am going to have to get an orange crush also, I have heard alot of good things about it, but my tool dist. doesnt carry it yet and I dont need alot of tools right now to justify ordering tools else where and have to pay the freight.

Orange Crush is just about right in terms of stiffness. the Blue max is very hard. if its not laid flat on the glass it rips the film. I have a 8" for the back Glass with the 8" handle and I have a 5" for the doors. But on the doors I dont use it. I use White knight for the doors. :beer

Guest atypicaldave

Clear Max is softer than Blue max (The original)... Orange Crush is just a knockoff of either the Clear or the Blue Max. I like the Blue Max because it is very effective in moving out water.

I'm also known to barely nip the corners tips of my Blue Max blade with an Olfa knife. This, and keeping the film contaminant-free, will help avoid the tearing of any film when using a Blue Max blade.

Archived