Consumer looking for advice please

Guest djlenoir

Guest djlenoir

I just purchased a 2004 Honda Accord and need recommendations on getting it tinted. I realize that people will have different opinions about what looks and performs best but I am hoping to just get some helpful ideas from the people who know it best... you!

The car is silver, four doors, and I have the navigation system and XM radio. Outside of the small, square antenna on the rear-center of the roof, there is not another antenna on the car. I assume it is internal for the AM/FM radio or it uses the same one. I mention this because I have read on here about concerns with metal based tint interfering with radio and navigation reception. I suppose I think the reflective metal-based tint might be appealing on a silver car.

I am open to just about anything but I would like to get a good, quality tint job and tint. I want a tint that looks appealing (...at least a majority of people would think it looked good will do) and has good heat reduction properties because it is hot as hell here in South Texas and the black leather interior doesn't help. Clarity and UV protection are bonuses as well.

With that being said, would someone please recommend a tint brand and model for this car? Additionally, if any of you know of a reputable place in San Antonio, TX to get it installed, that would be welcome information also.

Thank you in advance!

I have LLUMAR ATR charcoal on my car and its done to the legal maximum in the state of texas 35% on the doors and limo on the backglass. the ATR charcoal is a metlalized film but not very reflective at all, thats why I like it.

the metlaized film hasnt affected my am/fm/xm at all. I dont have the navigation option on my car but I do remember a guy last week on here saying his navigation got knocked out because he went with metalized film. :lol6

the metlaized film hasnt affected my am/fm/xm at all. I dont have the navigation option on my car but I do remember a guy last week on here saying his navigation got knocked out because he went with metalized film. :lol6

ATR charcoal is going to slightly affect the GPS navigation on accords in my experience. Maybe not enough to notice. If you get in a situation where you normally get a weak signal, thats when you will notice the problem. Stay away from "mirror" or very high metal content films if you have NAV.

ATR is a great all around choice for just about any car. Not real reflective, good quality, good heat rejection. Nice looking film.

Guest djlenoir

I think that tint looks great on the car... thank you for the photos as it lets me know exactly what my car will look like with that tint. I am slightly cautious about affecting my signal for navigation and realize I would be taking a gamble with this tint. Do you know if the guy who had trouble also owned an Accord?

Do people generally not like highly reflective tint?

yes the guy had a brand new accord from what I remember.

the problem with HIGHLY reflective films is its ILLEGAL. there are some auto films you can put on legaly that dont have that mirrored look but have a slight shiny sheen to them. those films look pretty cool.

Archived