quality

Guest mrebean

Guest mrebean

hello all -

it seems this is great place for actual tinters, but I am a mere consumer so I hope I do not intrude, and if I do so, I apologize in advance. ive owned three cars in the past. two times I have gotten 20% and one time I got limo (5%)?.

I just purchased a new bmw and was wondering about darkness and quality of the tint. the time I chose limo I loved it ...except for at night where it was like driving in a dark room w/ relfective sides. it was just too dark of my taste. I was wondering was was the next grade of darkness down from limo, and if there is any certain brand or type of file I should ask for.

any help given would be greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance :thumb

jR

Guest crewdog10

I guess you are refering to what the next lighter shades are? They are incremental and could be 20% which is lighter, or 35% which is even lighter. Both are typical. I prefer lighter tint on my car because I do not like the ghetto-fied look. If you're driving a new BMW, I'm guessing that you would not either. When it comes to quality make sure that you get a semi-metallic film and not just dyed (at a minimum). As a dyed film will do little to reject heat and probably change color rather quickly. Hope that helps. :sign

Guest mrebean

thanks for the info so far.

I believe tint laws in my area (st. petersburg, fl) are 35% sides, 20% back ...but I'm not sure. and they are not strict at all here. from people I've talked to on the force, they are really only concerned about mirror type tint.

they only crack down on the darker tint if someone gives them sh!t or they are in a bad mood. so, therefore I'm really not too worried about it being "technically" illegal.

jR

In FL, I have been tinting 35% on front doors and 20% on rear doors and back glass. I think this is the law. You could go 35% on all sides and 20 on back glass to look better. You might could get away with 25-28 percent on sides front and rear. Depending on the model you have, you might want to take radio antenna and GPS into consideration if you have it. Metal films will affect these. especially AM and GPS.

Good luck

Guest mrebean

thank you again. I just checked, and fl law is 28% front sides, 15% rear sides and back.

I would perfer anthing in between 35% and 20% sides, and 15% back. do most companies carry more than one brand? or do most stick w/ one brand and the different shades that brand has to offer? I noticed differeny companies offer different transparancies.

jR

Archived