SHAVING THE GLASS

Guest FloridaTintChic

I am about to put new windows in my truck. You can be sure I will tint and file mine before they go back in. I like to have perfect windows riding around. It would be impossible to get the file in my frames all the way back.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SQUEEGEE

I tried shavin' my ballz once but it didn't work out so well. To put it mildly: I'm half the man I used to be.

Sharp knifie no work on ballz - no work on tint.

Wise man once say.

Guest autotintplus

I use an exacto knife though only if I gouged the first cut then I have to try & salvage the film. It gets it done the fastest and looks pretty good if you take your time and it's faster than filing.You'll have to experiment to find the edge but it's the latest technique I know of.

Guest FloridaTintChic

Thanks Pt !! In orlando they charge 40 to 50 more for that,and I would love to start doing it.We always do it to our cars but with a olfa to the edge,however it isnt all the way up on all sides.I would love to see the file,can I get it somewhere else besides the snap on guy?Thanks,since ive been on here ive learned alot and raised my prices and stand by it,its been working.

what kind of truck?

It's a 90 Toyota Truck. 436K miles and still runs like new. seriously. My work truck and I will never sell it. Bought it new. Still in awesome shape and never left me stranded.

I got a couple 4runners that were wrecked and putting the motors, switches seats, console etc. in it. So I am going to throw some glass in it. Has a few minor scratches in the glass from dirt and rings and such. You know...

And why should I be in bed? I never sleep until 1am

And I generally don't work weekends, so I just rest enough to get up and go fishing sat. mornings :lol

Guest Tint Bob

We take the glass out to film, then when the film is dry, shave the film into the glass using diamond pads from 3M.

The finish is out of this world!! :dunno

Tint Bob (UK)

We take the glass out to film, then when the film is dry, shave the film into the glass using diamond pads from 3M.

The finish is out of this world!! :lol6

Tint Bob (UK)

What are diamond pads from 3M? got a link or a pic to show us?

Archived