2000 323Ci

Guest bluewater41

Guest bluewater41

Hey guys, I was reading through lots of the posts and notice most of you are tinters....obviously. I have a 323Ci and have made the mistake of bringing it to a p1ss-poor tinting shop and now have problems with the tint not lieing down on the rear dot matrix. I have been back there and they said they cannot fix it. My questions are:

#1 Does anyone here work in a PROFESSIONAL tint shop near Baltimore or D.C

#2 Also, what is the best type of tint to ask for?

I really appreciate the help guys and I'd like to thank all of you for making cars look 100x better (with the exception of my damned dot matrix). Thanks again.

Ryan :passout Short

Hey guys, I was reading through lots of the posts and notice most of you are tinters....obviously. I have a 323Ci and have made the mistake of bringing it to a p1ss-poor tinting shop and now have problems with the tint not lieing down on the rear dot matrix. I have been back there and they said they cannot fix it. My questions are:

#1 Does anyone here work in a PROFESSIONAL tint shop near Baltimore or D.C

#2 Also, what is the best type of tint to ask for?

I really appreciate the help guys and I'd like to thank all of you for making cars look 100x better (with the exception of my damned dot matrix). Thanks again.

Ryan :passout Short

Well thanks and :DD oops wrong little yellow dude. :DD that's better. Personally I have to recommend ATR Charcoal by LLumar. It's an awesome all around film. But if I remember correct you have the antenna in the rear window and it may cause slight loss in the radio reception. But dollar for dollar it's there to stay. Above that I would recommend a Formula One film. Also by LLumar. Damn I sound like MeTint. Somebody kick my a$$. :passout

I am going to make someone's job hard. Make sure you pick a reputable shop that will remove all door panels on that car properly. AND most important pull the seals with ease to prevent a very easily noticable seal warpage. If I was still up there, I would have to vote for myself. But I don't know any shops there to recommend. Check the member map and ask lots of questions. What film, how long tinting, done many B's and MB's, etc. I would recommend another XXXM film except their pnthr didn't last, so who knows if CS will. Although it looks great at first and does NOT interfere with antenna. I think Pinnacle is the F1 colorstable film.

Good luck :evileye