No more dead batteries

I was reading through past posts and didn't see anything mentioned about this. couple of people ill about dead batteries. Here's tip I use anytime I'm doing anything except D&P's. Put a battery charger on the car on trickle or low as soon as you pull it in. That way if you get interrupted or behind, no dead batteries. That is generally the first thing I do when working on a car that will be a while. Never know when someone has a bad battery. When customer asks why his battery went dead or has a charger on it, simply explain that these batteries are not meant to be run down, we are protecting your car electronics and battery by maintaining a charge during the work. Nothing at all is wrong, just another service we give you to better take care of your vehicle. You know :beer and they are going to be the first to @#$% and ask questions.

:dunno I guess it could be a good tip... :dunno

Some things I guess I take for granted that tinters know this is one of them...then again..maybe it's not :jerkit

Good tip :lol

So is shutting the garage door after pulling in your vehicle to reduce airflow and contamination for a cleaner job :jerkit j/k :jerkit

Well I know of only one other person I have ever seen that does this. And saw a post of a couple bitching about dead batteries. I thought this was a pretty ignorant fight to have with yourself. So I thought I would throw it out there.

:passout

I never hook up a charger. And rarely have a problem with dead batteries. :passout

..then you havn't come across many older Lincolns and Caddi's that light up like a Christmas tree when working on them...power everything! unless you pump them out in and 1hr :beer

I never hook up a charger.  And rarely have a problem with dead batteries.  :passout

..then you havn't come across many older Lincolns and Caddi's that light up like a Christmas tree when working on them...power everything! unless you pump them out in and 1hr :lol

:lol:beer I use a portable now for the rare time it's needed.

Guest nautiboi73

I don't charge but have a routine where I will crank the car half way through to check the battery and make sure that is has a charge.

I could but a chager on the car, but then I will have to buy a real one and not a jump box.

I don't charge but have a routine where I will crank the car half way through to check the battery and make sure that is has a charge.

I used to do that and still do from time to time. But I try to keep a bit of a routine.

Archived