Hurricane Ivan

Well I will be off here now. The Eye is 12 hrs from landfall and already getting multiple tornadoes with minimal t'storms. Has done little more the sprinkle all afternoon. The swirling winds are passing off twisters. More then a half dozen tornadoes so far and One death already confirmed with multiple touchdowns in Panama City, FL and just NE of me in Dothan, AL. Prayer be with the families around here. I'm off to lend my hand in tracking and reporting until this is gone.

Brian

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to pose a question...with all these tornadoes in the "alley," why don't homes get built underground? Serious!

We have a place in the outback called Cooper Pedy where all the homes are underground not because of wind but incredible heat. Just wondering! :rollin

And why is power not placed underground instead of power poles that get snapped like twigs.

Best of luck to you.

Devil

Guest BCCwintint

Good luck, Rich. And best wishes to all in Florida. Be safe down there. It's been really good to see all the people who are going to help others there, even some from Oregon. Humbling.

I consider myself fortunate to have what I have. So as soon as my family has made it through safe, I'm out there on the road. Im just glad this isn't a regular thing here. It's not a pretty sight. I know there's been over 50 tornadoes so far in about a 4 hour period.

Archived