04 jetta..

Guest tintinfool

Guest tintinfool

:lol so ,I tried to do a jetta today, an to my chagrin, I botched it.. it is a friend of mines car to boot..I totally spent an hour on the rear!! lol are these cars real succeptible to cuttin the glass?? im very cautious ,an I break blades after every cut religiously.. there are a couple spots on the rear that I noticed...man I am bummed, ive been doin great so far,3-5 cars a week.. :lol then this.. :nope

well, I was also having some trouble with shrinkin the rear, ive been doing the wet shrink. so far been golden, but today I sucked.. I anchor it in the middle as with other cars.. then proceed with the shrink... im at my wits end, I lost some film today thats fer sure.. once I anchor it, I get huge fingers at the bottom an the top sections.. I hate to think of trying this car with one sheet.. im not worthy.. :gay

well, any info or trix on this will be great, plus I still have to get him a new back glass... im gonna regret that one.. u kno? I didnt even hear it like I have heard before.. but oh well, live an learn huh?? great site !! :lol thanx dudes, er an chicks.. :lol the fool

Guest moncty

First make sure you are using STAINLESS STEEL blades not carbon, & dont use alot of pressure to cut the film. As for shrinking try it dry & it will be alot better. :lol

plus I still have to get him a new back glass... im gonna regret that one.. u kno? I didnt even hear it like I have heard before..

You have heard this before? Does this mean this isn't the first time you have cut a glass? And monkey's right, ONLY stainless. Period. If you run out of stainless blades you better find a neat way to tear it or get scissors. never lay a carbon blade on any glass.

Guest tintinfool

You have heard this before? Does this mean this isn't the first time you have cut a glass?

yes, I have heard this b4, but it was on a practice piece of flat glass. I did practice on some flat b4 even trying to attempt a car.. :wall

in doin this I was able to push the envelope and findin out where the limits were, even tho I knew that auto glass was a lil different... jus to let u kno...

thanx for the help... the fool :wall

Guest tintinfool

hmmm. ok, my blades are stainless.....I really wasnt pushing hard at all on the glass...but the temp was pretty cool, im thinkin it was in the mid 60s.. quite possibly in the upper 50s.. does this temp have an effect on the way the tint reacts.. seems to have been more difficult as a matter of fact.. hmm. talkin this out is a good idea.. im remembering more an more. and by react, I mean the way it cuts, and subsequently the way the glass will handle being cut on... you will all have to forgive me here ,lol ,as I only have a year an a half experience here..lol :woowoo

I kno the film will not stick like on an 80 degree day, hehe ...

also a question on film brands, I am currently using johnsons, charcoal. in 5,20,35,50 % ... is the llumar any better to work with? an how expensive is it? also where can I get it, :rollin I am doing the tint habit on the side,I have a full time gig,so its more just extra cash,an enjoyment of the tintin itself. will this affect me being able to purchase the film?.. sorry bout all the questions an the rambling.. I just keep gettin more an more questions, with no place else to look.. everyone here rocks... thanx for the info... the fool

:lol6:rock

Archived