Viper Alarm Activation Problems

Guest darkscreamz

Guest laynlow03xtreme

I dont know how warrenty would work with being a second owner also....my guess is that the second owner gets nothing. I would try to contact the original owner of the car and get them to take the car back. If thats not possible, take the car to a DEI dealer and see what they would do. My guess is nothing. If they charge you to look at it, see if they can credit that charge towards a new alarm if something is wrong.

Viper exists because you are supposed to get a professinal installation with lifetime warrenty, thats why you pay the big buck. Of course, all installers are not the same, and your right, it doesnt insure u of a professional install. I used to install at circuit city, and I can say from first hand experience, that some of the installs that came out of the shop were horrible, I know because I was the one that fixed them when it came back in. Like anything else, if your going to make a $400 investment in something, do your homework, talk to the shops, talk to the installer, dont just make an impulse purchase, just like anything else in the retail business.

I wouldnt recomend someone to mess around with their alarm system if they dont know what their doing, and I never said that. All I did was give reasoning to why you would unplug the harness from the brain. I'm a good installer, as im sure you are also. If we wernt, we wouldnt spend our free time going on forums trying to help people, and learn things for our own future installs, but everyone has their own opinions on things.

Going back to the original post.....just take your car to a professional. I dont see how a red LED can turn to green either....theres obviously a complex problem with not too easy of a solution. I would also be in contact with the shop that made these problems happen, and get them involved.

Guest Film Critic

The reason you hear about more complaints of problems is that there are more Directed products out there than the others. I personally liked the Ungo stuff we installed, so there is another personal opinion.

A lot of people claim to like Compu-Star.... sorry but I don't.

Install is THE most improtant part of an alarm. Just like window film.

I guess I am in the minority of installers that actually take the time to hide the brain and wiring. I challenge my customers and the other installers in the shop to find mine when I get done.

Guest prelude97

ok need some help I know that this is a easy fix it has been a long time since I messed with the viper alarm battery died now car wont start alarm is preventing that from happing please let me know how to fix

prelude97, with the door open disconnect car battery, turn ignition on, hook up car battery, the siren might blast a sec. but you should be able to start your car. I have been a D.E.I. dealer/installer for 20 years and you have an old model. They don't have memory so a new battery puts it in alarm mode. If you can find the valet switch you have a 10 sec. window to use it after you turn on the key. As for a red/green L.E.D. never seen it in a dei product. you def need to take it to an authorized dealer. Warranty? Does not mean FREE I charge $75 to diagnose and send it(u.p.s.)back to D.E.I. but if it's too old they charge a fee to up-grade. I always offer to the customer "I will waive the $75" if they up-grade today and I don't charge for removing the old alarm like most other shops do. Besides why wait 2-3 weeks and put a $75 band aide on an old unit when you can up-grade on the spot?

Guest DonaldO

Me too I wanted a car with alarm system but I heard already that there are so many defects with those alarm systems.

Maybe I just f**k it and do it the old school way - I pretend to have an alarm system with this lable ;)

But I might get an alarm system for my house - there I really need it ...

Archived