V-kool corrosion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

I think it is within 50-75 miles from marine evironment, otherwise you can go without sealing. Never seen any problems inland...

If you keep a real sharp blade and make clean cuts, it will lessen the likelyhood of corrosion.

Guest cherasia
If you have to do a french pane job in VKool, I feel for you. :poop They send you a bottle about the size of a glass Listerine bottle (small) with no applicator. Some people use Q-tips, I like a small sponge brush. :poop

Q-tips? That would be bad, all those little strands of cotton sticking to the sealant...

Guest cherasia
If you have to do a french pane job in VKool, I feel for you. :poop They send you a bottle about the size of a glass Listerine bottle (small) with no applicator. Some people use Q-tips, I like a small sponge brush. :poop

With the weird jobs I've been asked to do, I have to consider EVERYTHING to prepare myself for what might be coming at me next. LOL!

Guest vclimber
Q-tips? That would be bad, all those little strands of cotton sticking to the sealant...

Cherasia there is a special applicator that looks like a big feldt-tipped pen. The tip is designed to get into tight spots as well as covering the generalapplications too. CP-Films sells em alone with liter-sized jugs of sealer. Buy in bulk! :poop

Guest cherasia
Cherasia there is a special applicator that looks like a big feldt-tipped pen. The tip is designed to get into tight spots as well as covering the generalapplications too. CP-Films sells em alone with liter-sized jugs of sealer. Buy in bulk! :poop

Climber --- HUG!!!!!! Thanks, buddy! :poop

In the unlikely event someone is going to shell out the several thousands of dollars to have french panes done in V-kool.....call up and have them send you more.

:poop people in Palm Springs pay for it everyweek and my bro gets paid well to install it :poop

I can't see anyone in my area wanting to pay for it though. To bad for me :poop

Guest cherasia
Supposedly if you're not near anywhere that has salt in the air you can get away without it.

But I'd still do it regardless.

The way they spread salt around on the roads around here, there's got to be almost as much salt in the air as there is in Seattle! LOL Anyhow, "But I'd still do it regardless." is good advice. Thanks.

Archived