New here, seeking contract advice...

Guest disgruntled wiz

Guest disgruntled wiz

I have been in the PDR biz for roughly 6 years. I was trained by some of the oldest and best in the country and worked for a small mom/pop company when I started. About 2 years later, we were bought out be <edit>. We were told that things would stay the same and we get all of the benefits of DW while keeping our higher pay from the original company. Now it has been a few years and I'v pretty much had it with <edit>. They are constantly cutting back to save money and its affecting us more each day. Bottom line is that I want to find a way out. I have never been to their basic training, I dont use their useless tools (I use A-1 tools), I am still going to the same accounts that I have been going to for years, even before being bought out. I am wondering if I have a better shot at beating them in court because of the reasons I just mentioned? Also, typically how much does it cost to fight and win in court against them? I have already been offered a job by the owners of my 4 biggest accounts. They say they will match my pay and benefits. I would rather go out on my own instead of working for someone else. If anyone can help or provide some advice here, I'd appreciate it. My good friend also works for <edit> and is in the same boat. We want out. :lol6

Guest Express Dent

Im not going to go into this very deep, lets just say I do understand what your saying.

You only have one course of action. Pay an Attorney to look at whatever documents you may have and to hear your story.

:lol6

Guest disgruntled wiz

Thanks for the advice. For about the last year and a half to two years, I have been hearing about techs all over the country leaving <edit> and going on their own. The problem is I never hear anything after that, so I am hoping some of them can come on here and tell me what happens next. Does <edit> sue them, do they try to hide from <edit>? Do they give up their area in exchange for <edit> not suing them? I am not willing to give up my accounts. I feel they are mine and not <edit>'s. I have been servicing them for years. Everyone at the stores calls me directly on my personal phone, not by going through the half-a$$ed <edit> 1-800 number. <edit> has done nothing for me or my accounts and I am sure I can get notorized statements from the managers to bring to court if needed.

Guest kccartint

Another one that got sucked into the <edit>. Unless you have alot of time and money than stay away from court. They have plenty of money to spent in the court room and dont have a problem being there as well. There is not much you can do as far as suing them so your best bet is to move on. Like Express said just take what you have to an attorney (leaches) and find the loops in your contract and take advantage of them.

Archived