hencho en mexico

Guest thetintshop

Guest Wellington P Funk

Audi's are made in Mexico because VW, their parent company, has a large factory there. Platform sharing between Audi and VW means that wherever they make the VW alternative (I.e., the Passat), it's cheaper to make the Audi alternative (I.e., the A6).

BMW built a factory in Spartansburg, VA (I think?) back in '96. Mercedes Benz manufactures all its US-market cars in the US. Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and most likely Mazda all have plants in the US. Meanwhile, my Jeep Liberty was made in Ontario, and my dad's Porsche Boxster was made in Finland.

I think the only cars sold in the US that are built in their "country of origin" are the super-exotics, like Ferraris and Lamborghinis, and the smaller-production-run cars like Kias and Hyundais. With so many manufacturers sharing platforms between makes (I.e., Mazdas, Fords, and Volvos being built on the same platform), cars are built wherever their siblings are being built, which is usually wherever it's cheapest to build 'em. Just doesn't feel the same as buying a German car and knowing it was built in the land of weinershnitzel and beer!

-Bob

They have been building VWs in Mexico since the 70's :nope

They built the factory for the "new" beetle right next to the one that was making the original beetle :nope

Infact to get a beetle (standard not super) beetle that was made in germany, you would have to get one that was made before 1971 :lol

Guest thetintshop
first of all its "hecho en mexico"

and second you should know by now that all parts for german cars are made in mexico, especially VW. :nope

[*]238783

yeah, it is wrong. so fukkin what. I'm an american, I SPEAK ENGLISH. :nope

I don't speak mescan.

and yeah, I know most parts for german cars are made there. but this wasn't for our benefit. it was for the lurking customers with their "finely tuned pieces of art".

and second you should know by now that all parts for german cars are made in mexico, especially VW. :nope

[*]238783

yeah, it is wrong. so fukkin what. I'm an american, I SPEAK ENGLISH. :lol

I don't speak mescan.

and yeah, I know most parts for german cars are made there. but this wasn't for our benefit. it was for the lurking customers with their "finely tuned pieces of art".

[*]238791

Well said TTS! :nope

and second you should know by now that all parts for german cars are made in mexico, especially VW. :headbang

[*]238783

yeah, it is wrong. so fukkin what. I'm an american, I SPEAK ENGLISH. :bat

I don't speak mescan.

[*]238791

so im guessing you got beef with mescans? :dunno:nope

Archived