Alarm/Start brands...

Guest Zrok

Sorry for the delay Zrok... I personally install Ultra-Start units. They have been regarded as high quality units by fellow installers, and they make nice starter/alarm combo systems.

The price of these systems is very nice, and, they have units for keyless entry only... which I have had a lot of people interested in... not with an alarm or remote start included.

They will not sell units to the general public (which also helps us pro-installers). All of there units have a multitude of accessory outputs and are highly programmable... but the programming of the unit is not the easiest to follow.

Sorry for the delay Zrok... I personally install Ultra-Start units.  They have been regarded as high quality units by fellow installers, and they make nice starter/alarm combo systems.

The price of these systems is very nice, and, they have units for keyless entry only... which I have had a lot of people interested in... not with an alarm or remote start included.

They will not sell units to the general public (which also helps us pro-installers).  All of there units have a multitude of accessory outputs and are highly programmable... but the programming of the unit is not the easiest to follow.

[*]249640

that's what we use as well as the Audiovox 2 way piece. My boss was wanting to try to source some other stuff... I have no idea why, as we're getting a nice deal on the ultrastarts. I think maybe she's just got a bug in her behind. :spit thanks for the replies. :spit

Guest nihar15

No body does Direct tech Autocommand? They say they are the biggest manufacturer...

I am deciding between

Direct tech 23297 from advance auto and

Valet 561r from circuit city.

In recent years only the DEI stuff

in the 'ol days Audiovox (prestiege), Alpine, VSE, UNGO (going way back)

wasn't Ultrastart the first remote start system :whisper

I remember installing a few where the brain was HUGE and had a :gasp load of wires

this was back in '91 or '92.............. I think :gasp

Archived