Alarm/Start brands...

Guest Zrok

In recent years only the DEI stuff

in the 'ol days Audiovox (prestiege), Alpine, VSE, UNGO (going way back)

wasn't Ultrastart the first remote start system  :popcorn

I remember installing a few where the brain was HUGE and had a  :spit load of wires

this was back in '91 or '92.............. I think  :lol

[*]335029

I have only been doing UltraStart for a couple of years now. They are nice, compact units with just as many wires as one needs. They only have negative triggering for door locks... so relays are needed for positive locks, and the only problem I have with them is the programming is a bit of a biotch.

I just got some Code Alarm ones in ('cause my supplier was out of UltraStarts). I didn't have any problems installing them, and I liked the extra outputs they supplied (like for locking the doors after start, etc.), but the programming was terrible.

Both the installation manual and the user's manual refer to two seperate buttons on the remote for lock and unlock, and the remotes only have one button for both!

This is a problem when the programming sequence refers to using the lock button to choose a feature to program, and refers to the unlock button to select an option for that feature. What a joke. I figured out how to program them anyway, I just hope the customers don't complain about the user's manual.

Archived