48 members have voted

1. 1. do you trust another tinter?

• 1--tint it myself
    • 2--let another tinter tint it
    • 3--let another tinter tint it and tip him $1000

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing! Look at the numbers in the poll. Anyone ever put arrogant and window tinter in the same sentence? If it's never been tried, wonder if it ought to be? We can't all be better than everyone else, or can we? But, never fear, I'm another one who chose tint it myself. I figure if I had a million bucks, I might actually then have TIME to tint it, so that could be fun. Our poor cars are always a shambles in the tint department, they are tinted, and tinted well, but with some experiment that didn't work out right, that never gets undone, like ceramic on the front doors that doesn't match the factory color on the back. Yep, thats my truck!

Guest thetintshop
I hate to pay someone to do something that I can accomplish my self

[*]271567

:DD so you're saying that you never go out and eat?

I pay people to do shiat all the time that I could do myself. why is tinting your car any different?

and if I had won that much money.....I would have one hell of a tint shop.  I dont really tint for the money, more for the glorification, or the acomplishment.  The money is important, dont get me wrong.

[*]271710

I would let one other I know tint it for me, but he works for me anyway. While we are in Negril, Jamaica sailing on the Carribean Sea and drinking rum drinks and ....well, you know. :bingo:DD

Although my crew would also be treated to a week on the island with us. So, it would get done when we got back. I believe he would have the incentive to do a dam good job after that. :bingo

Guest Eclipse

3 people I would trust to tint it. Me, myself and I.

Just kidding.

I would prefer to do it but I would trust my installer and I have seen some of Rama's hubby's work and I would trust him to do it.

Guest shattered

Ok let me get this straight

1. you win the lottery

2. you go and buy your dream car.

3. you are blown cash just for the hell of it. Like going and doing things you have never done or been able to afford.

Now most of you guys are gonna f' around tinting this car BULLSHIOT

Of course we'd have to tint our own stuff if we won the lottery, got to keep the stress level up somehow.

Secondly I really should clarify, I'd never tint my own car to save my life, hubby would do it. It would be a terrible job if I touched it. Next time I need a car tinted though, I may just have to take it over to Eclipse anyway, as my hubby never has time to do stuff for us in the first place! His new truck was untinted for a month before he had time to do it. Finally got the custom plates transferred to it, they say TINTED, he figured he had to tint it then. He had to throw a fit about scheduling so he could do it. Shoulda just taken it to Steve!

I'd tint it myself,I feel if I let someone else do it he would get one car+ and I'd be one car-experience!! But there is one other tinter here (Washington)I know I would give my car too!!I see most his jobs and never see a flaw!! :DD I know from the place and the dealerships,and the car owners!! But if I won the lottery I don't see me walking away from this just more time to it and finally be using F1 :bingo !!

Archived